Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Red Hunting Hat.

Holden has this red hunting hat in Catcher in the Rye that is very special to him. He wears it at random times and got it in New York for a buck. When you think of a hunting hat, what do you think of? Well, the purpose of a red hunting hat is to stand out from hunters, so they know not to shoot them while hunting for deer. Besides that, deers are color blind and won't be able to see the bright red. Now, a very good question would be is...why does Holden wear this? Is he a hunter? But my view on this is that he's hunting for phony people. And only real people know what the actual purpose is. My hunting hat is something that stand out from people, and only certain people understand it. And that would be my name. My name is something that no one else has. When people meet me, they are so baffled about the meaning of it, and why my parents would name me that? Some "bold" people might ask why am I happy about a name so stupid as mines. Those "bold" and ignorant people obviously don't know me. I believe the people actually understand, know me. Yes I know, something that small determines that. But I believe my name Shaponi describes me. Which are both unique. The people who understand it without me telling them actually know me. And thats only me and my lovely parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment