Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holden.

Holden Caulfield is a sixteen year old that goes to Pencey Prep. Well, he recently got kicked out because of academic failure. He barely cares; but that's not important. He's the epitome of a non conformist, and can lie for days. He believes everyone is phony, which is very contradictive because he can be described phony as well. He's a very lonely person because he doesn't want to surround himself. At first, I thought he was just a very mad person that was hard to satisfy, but I now believe that he doesn't want to be satisfied. It seems as if he's not happy with the world. And that everyone is phony. But everyone can be classified as phony because if they went around telling everything they felt, this world would be chaotic and dark. It depends on your definition on real and phony. I believe Holden looks for things that most ordinary people wouldn't notice and determines their fate. I commend Holden for his actions just because he's very intelligent and careful for himself. If I believed someone was phony, I wouldn't surround myself by people that I consider not real.

1 comment:

  1. You know how he's always imagining all these weird scenarios, i think that's like a mini movie in his brain running through, like a script that is brother would write.. I kinda think that's phony, because it's not real and he hates phonies.

    ReplyDelete